Friday, September 29, 2017

A Piggy A-Z. F is for Friends and Family

Everyone reading our blog will know that guinea pigs love company and we should always be kept in pairs or more.We have several pairs of brothers and sisters here at Piggyfriends but today we received some photos from our Pigpenpals in Connecticut so we thought that we would share one with you.


Above you can see Mama Rin with her daughters, Nico and Maki. There are more photos of this family that we will show you in future A-Z posts and we are promised a video too.

We are sorry that we have been remiss in posting since we did the Taste Tests but Slave has been sick and Niamh has needed a lot of attention with an abscess ( clearing up now - all paws crossed ) and we could not reach the drawer in Slave's desk where her camera lives.

If you have any photos of your piggies with their friends or family, we would love to see them. Use the Contribute tab at the top of our page and use the title A Piggy A-Z etc. the same as we have typed at the top of this post.

4 comments:

  1. Pat and the Prairie Pigs29 September, 2017 22:09

    What a lovely family and so calm!

    I might be able to get three of mine to sit that nicely for about one nanosecond before someone would start nibbling on someone else's ear or muttering insults under their breath (outraged squeaks and then tooth rattling to follow shortly)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think that Mama Rin keeps her daughters under control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Penny, Piggyfriends, and CT Pigpenpals!
    Greetings from CT! Mama Rin is beautiful, and looks like my very first guinea pig when I was a young girl (Mama). I don't see Peruvians much in our neck of the woods, but I was able to see Peruvians, Teddies, and even Alpacas at a country fair on Labor Day weekend! I had never seen an Alpaca in real life before! Yes, the girls look like identical twins! Thank you for sharing!!!

    On a sad note, I don't think I have yet told you that my Purdy passed away at the end of March. I was thrilled that she lived longer (by a month) than any of my piggies ever. Ozzie, Dart, and Tessie lived to nearly seven (Ozzie) and seven and a half or so (Dart and Tessie). I was rooting for Purdy to surpass everyone else, though (of course!) I hoped she would surpass the other piggies by longer than a month. Still, I am thankful for her extremely healthy, long life. I took her to the vet once, as it seemed she was not eating; but it passed so quickly, I thought I might have been imagining it. Other than that, she was healthy until the last couple of days or so, when she stopped eating, and I knew it wasn't going to be much longer.

    I have been wanting to share some words about Purdy's life on GPDD, which I should do, as it's been half a year! She was a unique piggy in many ways, and I have some tips that might help some older piggies. So I will make a note to myself to finally get that done!

    Love to all!
    Ann in CT with Buddy Boston Terrier
    Remembering with love: Gidget, Gizmo (Ozzie), Dart, Feather, Tessie, and Purdy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, slave to the Piggyfriends.14 October, 2017 18:39

    Ann, We are all so sorry about Purdy's passing but didn't she enjoy an incredibly long life. It would be wonderful if you could share her story with our GPDDers as I do not not suppose that they all read our blog and Purdy had a long story to recount. Glad you got to see an Alpaca piggy. We have had a few here at Piggyfriends and they are so pretty. Love to Buddy Boston and we hope that you are looking out for a new piggy or two. Sincere condolences for dear little Purdy.xxx

    ReplyDelete